The Board will be discussing the proposal for the RHNA Subregion at the August meeting.
City Managers and members of SCCAPO received the draft resolution, MOU, & staff report template.
City/county action items for RHNA Formation:
- Please have your attorney review and submit edits, suggestions by July 24 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agendize the RHNA Subregion discussion. Deadline for resolution adoption is mid October 2019.
What you need to know about the RHNA Subregion:
- Subregion will accept methodology from ABAG/MTC. That’s right – – put away those fancy calculators and spreadsheets. Our research indicates that subregions have tried to create their own methodology and the result isn’t much different from ABAG’s numbers.
- A technical committee (staff) and a policy committee (electeds) will complete the work of the Subregion.
- Each jurisdiction holds control over their numbers – Ie, no trade may be forced upon a jurisdiction. The small cities can’t gang up on San José and San José can’t gang up on the small cities. Whew!!
- This is meant to be a collaborative effort to allow cities and the county to work together and collaborate around housing.
- The MOU contains an escape clause … so not to worry, you can hit the eject button and just take ABAGs numbers.
- Remember: State law doesn’t allow a jurisdiction to trade without being a member of a subregion.
- Each jurisdiction will kick in approximately $3125 to help pay for a planning consultant/facilitator to guide the collaboration. Vice Mayor Chappie Jones is also offering his staff support for the effort.
SC|SC Aircraft Noise Community Roundtable 🛫(SCSC Roundtable)🛬
- Board of Directors, Legislative Committee, City Selection Committee are off in the month of July.
- SC|SC Roundtable: July 24, 2019 | City of Santa Clara | 1-3PM
- Executive Board: Friday, August 2 | City of Saratoga | 3-4PM
- Legislative Committee, Board of Directors: August 8 | LAC start time TBD, Board start time at 7PM
- Meeting dates here: https://citiesassociation.org/meetings
Meanwhile in Sunnyvale – – Stranger Things
Is Sunnyvale Mayor and Cities Association Vice President Larry Klein from the Upside Down? 🤔 Watch ‘Stranger Things’: Sunnyvale Mayor Larry Klein talks about his name twin in ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 on ABC’s KITV.
Out of office
Cities Association of Santa Clara County will be on vacation during the week of July 15-July 19.