Builder’s Remedy Resources
November 30, 2022
- Builder’s Remedy Technical Assistance: MTC-ABAG have developed a 3-page technical assistance primer
- An Untapped Remedy to California’s Housing Crisis: recording and presentation materials from the SPUR Discussion (November 2022)
- Builder’s Remedy & Housing Elements: A technical overview of Builder’s Remedy by Goldfarb & Lipman. This paper describes the provisions of the Housing Accountability Act that constitute the “Builder’s Remedy” and how they may apply to a proposed housing development project.
- Builder’s Remedy/Zoning Holiday: Bay Area housing advocates are tracking the progress of these projects closely in Southern California and seeking to support applicants in Northern California. Read more here.
- Article: “Builder’s Remedy”: Bay Area Will Soon Face a Powerful Housing Tool – Holland & Knight article
- Article: “Developers capitalize on Housing Element fiasco to force 3,968 undeniable units into the city’s pipeline”– Santa Monica Daily Press article
- Article: “How Developers Seized Upon Builders’ Remedy in Noncompliant Cities” – Published in the CA Planning & Development Report. “The attorney who is helping developers bring over 4,000 units to Santa Monica nearly overnight shares the nuances of the newly powerful Builder’s Remedy”
- Technical assistance letter from HCD to Santa Monica on preliminary applications