The following are Regional Housing Needs Determine (RHND) and Allocation (RHNA) resources including key deadlines and helpful documents (slide deck and staff report/memo templates). For call summaries on RHNA-related Planning Collaborative meetings, please see meeting summaries.
To add additional resources to this page, please email email@example.com
Summer 2020 – HCD releases number for the region
July 2020 – Draft Blueprint (which may affect RHNA allocations)
Fall 2020 – Draft methodology / hints at allocations
Dec 2020 – Final Blueprint
Spring 2021 – Final methodology / draft allocations
Winter 2021 – Final allocations
Jan 2023 – Housing Elements due
Planning Collaborative RHNA 6 Meeting PowerPoints/slide decks
- RHNA 6 Sites Training (December 10, 2020)
- RHNA 6 Overview Slides Template (July 23, 2020)
- RHNA 6 Presentation on Collaborative Draft Packages (June 25, 2020)
- RHNA 6 Planning Collaborative Meeting PowerPoint Presentation (June 25, 2020)
RHNA 6 Draft Allocations
- Santa Clara County RHNA 6 Draft Allocations, Excel file (December, 2020). These numbers are from ABAG’s revised Draft RHNA Allocations.
- ABAG Draft Regional Methodology and Final Subregional Shares (December 2020).
RHNA 6 Sample materials for jurisdictions to use
- Housing Element RFP Template, this document can be used as the skeleton for developing a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a Housing Element Update, including potential rezoning and CEQA work. (December, 2020)
- Sample Staff report – Template memo for summarizing status of RHNA 6 and Plan Bay Area/Blueprint. (July, 2020)
- Sample PowerPoint – Template PowerPoint. Use it to discuss/overview Housing Elements. Minimally formatted to use for your jurisdiction. (June, 2020)
- AFFH and the Housing Element – Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Right. This memo addresses important information regarding AB 608, a law that incorporates the federal obligation to affirmatively further fair housing (AFFH) into state law and its impact on housing elements. (December 16, 2020)
- MTC/ABAG Draft Plan Bay Area Blueprint Presentation (July 20, 2020)
- RHNA 6 and Blueprint Overview – This memo provides an update on the RHNA 6 Housing Element Update process. In particular, it focuses on the Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA). (July 23, 2020)
- RHNA 6 Staff Report Memo – This memo summarizes RHNA 6, which will assign housing target numbers to cities in the Bay Area, and 2) Plan Bay Area/Blueprint, which is a related, long range visioning exercise for the region.(July 23, 2020)
- Getting Started on RHNA 6 – Overview of Santa Clara Planning Collaborative Support Packages with costs and Process Graphic (July 2, 2020)
- ABAG FAQs ABAG RHNA Timeline. Timeline outlining ABAG 2023-2031 RHNA and Plan Bay Area 2050 Key Milestones with corresponding dates.
- ABAG April Update— Initial RHNA Methodology Options Memo, April, 2020. ABAG Memo discussing initial RHNA methodology options.
- City of San Jose Memo – State Regional Housing Need Allocation and Housing Element Reforms for the Sixth Cycle (May 13, 2020)
- Santa Clara County Jobs-Housing Gap – ABAG Projection Data, Excel file (April 2020)
RHNA Methodology Committee